Note: This is a Liquibase Pro command, so you need a Liquibase Pro License Key to use it.
Liquibase quality checks allow you to analyze your changelogs, changesets, and SQL for specific commands and patterns that require close review early in the development lifecycle. It can also be integrated into your build and deployment automation to prevent non-compliant changes from entering the pipeline.
Quality checks help you customize the types of checks to fit the needs of your organization and let you do the following:
- Better secure your database by getting immediate notice that user and role privileges are being modified.
- Prevent data loss and corruption.
- Enforce internal standards and best practices to ensure that only high-quality, compliant changes are added to your projects.
- Quickly, consistently, and easily validate your changes from the local development environments.
- Integrate checks into automated workflows to provide quality gates for database changes in automation.
Quality checks have been tested for Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB, but may be compatible with any relational database supported by Liquibase.
Quality checks include static and dynamic checks, the
checks command with subcommands, and the checks settings file that includes defined configurations and parameters. All checks work in the command line, which is interactive and allows the configuration of dynamic checks.
To use quality checks, refer to the following pages: