The Liquibase quality checks capability allows you to analyze your changelogs, changesets, and SQL for specific commands and patterns that should be reviewed more closely early in the development lifecycle. It can also be integrated into your build and deployment automation to prevent non-compliant changes from entering the pipeline.
You can customize the types of checks that are executed to fit the needs and guidelines of your team or organization. With the Liquibase quality checks capability, you can:
- Better secure your database by getting immediate notice that user and role privileges are being modified.
- Prevent data loss and corruption.
- Enforce internal standards and best practices to ensure that only high-quality, compliant changes are added to your projects.
- Quickly, consistently, and easily validate your changes from the local development environments.
- Integrate the check capability into automated workflows to provide quality gates for database changes in automation.
The capabilities have been tested for Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB, but should be compatible with any relational database supported by Liquibase.
Quality checks include static and dynamic checks, the
checks command with subcommands, and the checks settings file that includes defined configurations and parameters. All checks work in the command line, which is interactive and allows the configuration of dynamic checks.
Note: Liquibase Community users are limited to 5 checks per execution. Liquibase Pro users can run unlimited checks per execution.
To use quality checks, refer to the following pages: