Liquibase Hub DevOps Metrics
Liquibase Hub DevOps metrics provide the data to optimize your DevOps performance by identifying the following points:
- Deployment Frequency – how often your organization successfully releases to production
- Change Migration Time – the amount of time it takes a commit to get into production
DevOps Stability and Quality
- Change Failure Rate – the percentage of deployments causing a failure in production
- Time to Fix Failing Changes – how long it takes your organization to recover from a failure in production
Who can benefit from Liquibase Hub DevOps metrics?
Liquibase Hub DevOps metrics use the data sent to Liquibase Hub to provide insights to developers, DBAs, and CI/CD and DevOps managers responsible for improving DevOps velocity and quality. The DevOps metrics can help to:
- See which pipelines perform smoothly and which have repeated failures so that you can address the issue directly with data.
- Holistically understand the impact of deployment frequency, changeset failure rate, and fix times.
- Share the key performance and quality data with your team members and supervisors.
- Find out which pipeline workflows are valuable and which needs additional refinement.
With the initial capabilities of Liquibase Hub DevOps metrics, you can monitor the following performance data and more:
- Deployment Frequency: the number of successful changes deployed to your production target in a pipeline in the last 30 days – and how it is trending from the previous 30 days.
- Change Migration Time: the time to deploy changes to production for the last 30 days – and how it is trending from the previous 30 days.
- Change Failure Rate: the percentage of deployments to production that failed in the last 30 days – and how it has been shifted from the preceding 30 days.
- Time to Fix Failing Changes: the time needed to recover from a failure to successfully deploy to production during the last 30 days – and how it has been shifted from the preceding 30 days.
Note: With the Change Migration Time and Time to Fix Failing Changes metrics, you can see how long it takes for the same changeset to pass from the first target to the last target.
Use Liquibase Hub DevOps metrics
To view the Liquibase Hub DevOps metrics, go to Projects, select Pipelines, and then select the Metrics button on the pipeline you want to inspect.
The default chart shows the highest numbered target in your pipeline since it usually represents a production connection. The default date range corresponds to the last 30 days.
Customizing the Liquibase Hub DevOps metrics
Liquibase calculates the DevOps metrics based on a target you select in a pipeline. Once you view the charts, you can choose another target with the target selector dropdown.
Also, you may change the date and choose from preconfigured date ranges of 30, 90, or 180 days, or use the date selector and choose the specific start and end dates for your metrics charts.
Sharing the Liquibase Hub DevOps metrics
Select the Share button to copy the direct link to the chart and send it to any team member who has access to the Liquibase Hub Project. The URL opens the metrics charts for the same target and date range you configured. If you customize the report with a different target or date, Liquibase Hub saves your settings for the next time you open the Metrics tab. Nevertheless, you can choose any other target or date range if you want.
The data behind the metrics report is not yet available via an open API or CSV export, so anyone with whom you share the report needs to be a member of the same Organization.