Liquibase Hub Organizations
Organizations exist to collect all the elements used in the Liquibase Hub system. These include Projects, changelogs and their changesets, connections, and Operation reports, which are the data sent from Liquibase Community or Liquibase Pro when it performs various commands on a registered changelog.
Organizations also have one or more Admins, who can invite Liquibase Hub users to become members. Members of an Organization can view and send Operations data to Projects within the Organization.
Any user who creates an Organization will be the initial Organization Admin, who is responsible for inviting other Hub users to become Organization members. When you join Liquibase Hub, it auto-creates an Organization for you, and as its creator, you are its initial Admin.
Any Organization Admin can make any Organization member an Admin. All Admins have the same administration rights, and there is no Organization Super-Admin.
Any Organization member can create Projects in the Organization and has access to all Organization's Projects.
If you are an administrator for the Organization and want to delete your account, you will need to remove yourself as an administrator for this Organization. However, be aware that the last Admin cannot leave the Organization, although they can make the Organization inactive, which has the outcome of blocking all access to the Organization's elements.
An Organization Admin can do the following:
- Assign and revoke an Organization Admin role to others in the Organization
- Remove other Organization Admins or Organization members
Note: When you remove a member from an Organization, all roles for that user that are associated with the Organization are removed. All API keys of that user that are associated with the Organization are removed as well. Additionally, when you remove an admin role, their member role remains.
- Update Organization's name, short name that represents Organization's URL, description, and other meta properties
Note: Organization's short name doesn't support commas, spaces, underscores, periods, or other special characters except for hyphens ( - ) and must be lowercase and unique across all organizations. For example, datical1.
- Invite users to the Organization and manage invitations sent to users
- See the Organization name, id, date created, and creator
- See the Projects, Admins, and Users with access to the Organization
- See and set the status
inactiveof the Organization
- Manage the membership and access to projects in the Organization from the Members page.
An Organization member can do the following:
- Create a new Project and see the existing Projects of the Organization
- See the Organizations of which they are a member
- See other Organization members
As a user who doesn't yet belong to a specific Organization, you need to accept an invite sent by an Organization Admin to your email address.
Create an Organization
Any user can create an Organization with Projects and invite others by their email address.
To create a new Organization, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Liquibase Hub.
- Select the Hub Home button, go to My Organizations, and then select My Organizations on the left pane.
- Select Create an Organization on the right side of the My Organizations page.
- Fill in the information about Organization name, primary email contact, organization's friendly name, which will be used for creating a unique URL in Liquibase Hub, and description.
- Select Submit to complete the process.
Note: Alternatively, you can create a new Organization from a drop-down box in the upper-left corner.
Use an Organization
If you are an Organization Admin, you can manage the following:
- The Organization's profile, located in the Hub Home > Administration tab
- Your API keys
Note: You can also invite, manage, and grant members an Admin role.
See all the operations from across your Organization and sort them by operation type, result, Project, changelog, connection, and date. For this, go to Hub Home > Overview > Operations.
As a member of multiple organizations, you can switch between organizations by selecting My Organizations and choosing the one you need.
Invite users to an Organization
You need to be an Organization Admin to invite a user to your regular Organization:
- Select the Hub Home button, and then select Members on the left pane.
- Select Invite a new member on the right side of the Members page.
- In the pop-up window, enter an email address of the user you want to invite and select Submit.
Note: You can also invite users by selecting the Invitations page.
As an Organization Admin, you can delete an open or expired invitation sent to a user. A default expiration time is seven days. To continue an expiration time, just resend the invitation.
As an Organization Admin, you can see a list of invitations sent to users along with the status, date, and creator of that invitation. The status of the invitations is available on the Invitations page.
Accept the invitation to join an Organization
As a Liquibase Hub user, you can easily accept an invitation to an Organization by entering a valid invitation code:
- Select the Hub Home button, and then select My Organizations on the left pane.
- Select Join an Organization on the right side of the My Organizations page.
- Enter the invitation code that you received via email and then select Submit.
Note: If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check your Junk or spam folders.
If the user is not registered in Liquibase Hub, they can still be invited via email and will be prompted to sign up for Liquibase Hub.
Manage API keys for multiple Organizations
As an Organization member or Admin, you will have a specific API key which ties you to this Organization's Projects and other data. If you are in three Organizations, you will need to manage three API Keys.
Ensure you are using the correct API Key in your defaults file or entering it as a CLI argument when you register a changelog to see and choose among the Projects of that Organization, and when you run commands that you want to report to Liquibase Hub.