Liquibase Hub Organizations
Organizations collect all elements used in the Liquibase Hub system, such as projects with changelogs and their changesets, targets, and operation reports, which are the data sent from Liquibase when it performs commands on a registered changelog.
Organizations have one or more Admins, who can invite Liquibase Hub users to become members. Members of an Organization can view and send Operations data to Projects within the Organization.
Any user who creates an Organization will be the initial Organization Admin, who is responsible for inviting other Hub users to become Organization members. When you join Liquibase Hub, it creates an Organization for you, and as its creator, you are its initial Admin.
An Organization Admin can do the following:
- Assign and revoke an Organization Admin role to others in the Organization
Note: Any Organization Admin can make any Organization member an Admin. All Admins have the same administration rights.
- Remove other Organization Admins or Organization members
Note: When you remove a member from an Organization, all API keys and roles for that user that are associated with the Organization are removed. Additionally, when you remove an Admin role, their member role remains.
- Update the name, short name that represents URL, description, and other meta properties of the Organization
Note: A short name does not support commas, spaces, underscores, or other special characters except for hyphens ( - ) and must be lowercase and unique across all organizations, such as
- Invite users to the Organization and manage invitations sent to users
- See the Organization name, id, date created, and creator
- See the Projects, Admins, and Users with access to the Organization
- See and set the status
inactiveof the Organization
- Manage the membership and access to projects in the Organization from the Members page.
Tip: If you are an administrator for the Organization and want to delete your account, you will need to remove yourself as an administrator for this Organization. However, the last Admin cannot leave the Organization, although they can make the Organization inactive, which has the outcome of blocking all access to the Organization's elements.
An Organization member can do the following:
- Create a new Project and see all the existing Projects of the Organization
- See the Organizations of which they are a member
- See other Organization members
As a user who does not belong to a specific Organization, you need to accept an invite sent by an Organization Admin to your email address.
Creating an Organization
Any user can create an Organization with Projects and invite others by their email address.
To create a new Organization, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Liquibase Hub.
- Select Home, go to My Organizations, and then select the Hub Organizations dropdown menu in the upper-left corner.
- Select Create an Organization.
- Fill in the information about Organization name, primary contact email, Hub URL that will be used for creating a unique URL in Liquibase Hub, and description.
- Select Create Organization to complete the process.
Using an Organization
If you are an Organization Admin, you can do the following:
- Edit Organization information
- Manage your API keys
- Invite, manage, and grant members an Admin role
As a member of multiple organizations, you can switch between organizations by selecting Hub Organizations and choosing the one you need.
Inviting users to an Organization
You need to be an Organization Admin to invite a user to your Organization:
- Select Home, choose the needed Hub Organization, and then select Members.
- Select Invite a New Member on the right side of the Members page.
Note: You can also invite users by selecting Invitations.
- In the pop-up window, enter an email address of the user you want to invite and select Submit.
As an Organization Admin, you can delete an open or expired invitation sent to a user. A default expiration time is seven days. To continue an expiration time, resend the invitation. You can also see a list of invitations sent to users along with the status, date, and creator of that invitation. The status of the invitations is available on the Invitations page.
Accepting the invitation to join an Organization
As a Liquibase Hub user, you can easily accept an invitation to an Organization by entering a valid invitation code:
- Select Home, select Me in the upper-right corner, and then select Join an Organization.
- Enter the invitation code that you received via email and then select Submit.
Note: If you do not see the email in your inbox, check your Junk or spam folders.
If the user is not registered in Liquibase Hub, they can still be invited via email and will be prompted to sign up for Liquibase Hub.
Managing API keys for multiple Organizations
As an Organization member or Admin, you will have a specific API key which ties you to the Projects and other data of the Organization. If you are in three Organizations, you need to manage three API Keys.
Ensure you use the correct API Key when running commands that you want to report to Liquibase Hub.