Liquibase Hub Pipelines
A Pipeline is a way to collect, sort, and view the status of changesets deployed to Targets in a Liquibase Hub Project. It is a way to monitor the flow of your database schema changes across your databases.
Note: Targets represent databases and include your JDBC URL, the operations performed on the database, and the status of the changes deployed to the database. Learn more about Targets in Liquibase Hub.
Pipelines are constructed from targets as follows:
- A target can be in any Pipeline only once.
- You can add the same target to multiple pipelines in the same project.
- Pipelines do not cross Projects, which means all the targets you want to track in a Pipeline must be in the same Project.
- By default, Liquibase orders Pipeline targets in the sequence they were added. You can reorder these by dragging them into a different sequence.
A Pipeline is owned by an Organization Admin, like all other Organization resources, regardless of who created it. Only the Organization Admin can deactivate, restore, or delete a Pipeline. Any Organization member can create and edit their own Pipeline.
Managing a Pipeline
You can see the following information when using Liquibase Hub pipelines:
- The list of all Pipelines in your project.
- The name and description of the Pipeline.
- The number of targets and their overview.
- The date and time when the target was created and who created it.
- The last operation with the count of passing and failed changesets and its date and time.
Creating a Pipeline
If your Project has targets, you can create a Pipeline with these steps:
- Pick the target from the dropdown list and select Add.
Note: The list represents a collection of all targets in your Project which are not in your Pipeline. After you add the target to this Pipeline, it is no longer on the list.
To add a new target or change the name and description, you can find the needed Pipeline and select Edit.
Sorting Targets in Your Pipeline
By default, Liquibase sorts targets in the order they are added to the Pipeline, starting from the first target. If you have several targets in your Pipeline, you can alter their order with drag-and-drop functionality.
Deactivating and Deleting a Pipeline
You must be an Organization Admin to deactivate or delete a Pipeline. Before doing so, consider the following:
- If you deactivate a Pipeline, everyone in your Organization will only see it in a deactivated state from the Pipelines list and will not be able to click it for details. After being reactivated, a Pipeline will be available for detail viewing again.
- If you delete a Pipeline, Liquibase removes it from your Project for everyone. No data is lost as the Pipeline is a collected view of individual targets, so no one can check the flow of changes across these targets easily.
To delete or deactivate a pipeline, follow these steps:
- Go to Projects, choose the Project you need, and then select Pipelines.
- Choose the needed pipeline and select Edit.
Removing a Target in Your Pipeline
You can remove a target from your Pipeline by selecting the Remove button under the Edit Pipeline view. You will only remove the target from the Pipeline and will not affect any data or status of the target.